Enhance Game Bag

I heard the dog barking up a storm earlier, probably at a delivery driver, that's usually what gets him excited. I wasn't expecting a package so I just kept working on my thing and did not get up to see what he was barking at. 

And then I received a text from my buddy, who is also one of my Adventure 3DP players.

"My phone tells me you just received a package. Let me know if it's cool."

Sure enough, there was an unexpected box on my porch. Interesting. Whatever could it be? I get so few gifts at this time of year. Well, there was quite a fancy bit of kit in that box.


"It's just a thank you for all your hard DM work and to maybe help offset the cost of the vast quantities of gasoline to come out here.😀"

This was quite unexpected. Gifts aren't really a thing I do with my friends. But it is very cool and will be super handy as I travel about spreading the good word of Gygax. Let's take a look.

For starters, it has a 3-year Asurian Protection Plan that covers tears and stains and stuff beyond the manufacturer’s warranty. Which seems to speak to the quality of the bag.

The bag itself has both a handle on the top and a shoulder strap, which comes in handy when you load it up with stuff, like I do.

At the top of the bag is a foam padded compartment for sixteen D&D miniature figures, be they the PC heroes, NPCs, or the party's next foes.

Beneath that, the next zipper down, is the large main compartment. There are two velcro edged, foam dividers in the space and it will still hold a bunch of books. I used to pack all three core books, Xanathar's, Tasha's, Theros, and Saltmarsh in there along with the booklets from the Starter and Essentials box sets. But that was very heavy and I've down-sized a bit. Still holds the three core books in their Ultra Pro book covers and one other book. If I took out the dividers, they're removable as well as adjustable, I could fit at least one more book in that compartment. It's pretty roomy.

More impressive, to me anyway, are the side and front zippered pouches. I use the side pouches for my plastic containers full of dice, dry erase markers, pencils, erasers, and other game paraphernalia. And the front for my notebook and game handouts. The front pouch has a mesh zippered pouch inside the main pouch. There's lots of pouches and lots of zippers where this thing is concerned.

There are a couple of carrying loops along the bottom front so you can bring a battlemap with you, I opened them way up and they hold my plastic map case rather nicely.

Lastly, the snap closure for the top is a magnetic snap. Not a big deal, but still very nice.

All-in-all, this is a really nice bag for hauling your gaming stuff around. I probably wouldn't have bought it for myself, but I don't like backpacks or messenger bags as a thing. Having this presented to me as a gift sorta forces my hand and made me use it. Now that I have it all loaded up with my stuff, I really do like it. And as an added bonus, I'm now ready to go. Strapped for adventure, if you will. So thank you for this, it's a fantastic gift, and I'm very happy with everything about it.

Here are a few pictures of my particular set-up of this bag.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Part 1: Probably an Owlbear

Loke Books of Battle Mats