Walton's Dice

I saw these dice on Etsy and thought they would be perfect for Walton Glaives, Investigative Wizard Extraordinaire & Abjuration Savant. But they were expensive and I couldn't justify the purchase. Still can't, but I got into a mood and bought them anyway. The fact that they offered a 11-die set was the kicker. They're very wizardry.


These are the Sapphire Blue Astrology Dice Set by CrystalMaggie on Etsy. I picked them up on sale, 25% off, but they still cost me $85. Which is more than I paid for the beautiful metal Die Hard Dice I picked up a few years back. I can be a spendthrift, but dice are not a thing that should cost a lot of money. The dice arrived today, so how does the reality of them compare to the website?



The first three pictures are from the website and make the dice look stunning. The pictures above are just me snapping a couple quick shots with my phone, they look less stunning, but still nice. I added the grey d20 in there to show that these dice are slightly larger than standard dice.

They feel light and probably hollow, which is odd. They're of the sharp edge style, which isn't usual for me, but shouldn't make any real difference. Also, the blue inside seems like it's a whole different die trapped inside a clear case, but that would be weird and I don't know how they'd do that. Overall, I like them. The wizardly bits look really nice and the numbers are very legible. Being slightly larger means that they won't fit in my existing dice carrying solution, so a new solution will need to be found. But I'm taking them to the game on Sunday and I hope that they don't disappoint.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Very Delta Green Groundhog Day

D&D: Adventures in Eberron - Stone Giant City

Traveller: Late to the Party