Tomes of Beasts

Too much to process... What have I done to myself? What was I thinking? I went out and had The Gamer's Warf get me all three of the Tome of Beasts books. I received a little performance bonus from work and this is what I've done with it. Now I'm suffering from an overabundance of monsters.

What we're looking at here is 10 lbs. of beastly goodness. These three tomes come in at 1,260 pages of monster hunting possibilities. That's something like 1200 beasts, give or take, I'm not going to actually count them up.

I haven't done much beyond flip through these three big books. They're each over 400 pages of beasts. The pages are glossy, the books well made, the art is good, and the monsters are plentiful. I'm not going to go through each entry and critique what I like and what I don't. There's too much. Too many things to look at. I image that these books are going to be a source of content for my games that will slip in slowly and over time as I find things and discover content that I want to use. Right now, I'm feeling overwhelmed by the sheer volume of content and haven't even begun to develop the possibilities within each book.

Did I get my money's worth? I hope so. I certainly got a lot of paper. All I can say is, all three books have great reviews on Amazon and they are regularly on those best 5e products lists that everyone puts out. Tome of Beasts I was successful enough that it was updated and revised for a 2023 rerelease. That's a pretty good endorsement on it's own. I've been impressed with the products Kobold Press puts out and while I may never get the full use out of this many new monsters, I'm pretty confident that it wont be because the products disappointed. 

I'm going to enjoy digging into these books. You can never have too many monsters.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Very Delta Green Groundhog Day

D&D: Adventures in Eberron - Stone Giant City

Traveller: Late to the Party